The Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) is a global multi-stakeholder alliance to promote resource-use efficiency and climate change resilience in rice systems. The goal is to enable one million rice smallholders to adopt climate-smart, sustainable best practices in rice production, boosting farm incomes and livelihoods and protecting our environment through an alliance that drives innovation and creates shared value.
1-4 June 2021
09.30 am New Dehli Time (UTC+5:30) Check your local time here
In-course modules: 26 hours. Self-paced modules: 1 hour
Jitendra Mandrah.Technical Key Account Manager India.
Jitendra is the GLOBALG.A.P.’s technical expert and trainer for the Asia Region. He joined GLOBALG.A.P. in January 2018 to support the region’s Farm Assurers, Certification Bodies, Producers and other stockholders. He has been in the agriculture sector serving at various capacities for over 12 years. As an expert in Good Agricultural Practices, he assists producers in the certification of agricultural products in Asia ensuring they comply with the market requirements. He holds degrees B.Sc. (Agriculture), M.Sc. (Plant Breeding and Genetics) and MBA (Agri Business Management).
Who should participate?:
- Public officials
- Development practitioners
- Private company representatives
- Program managers
- Related professionals who will train persons or teams to implement farmer outreach and farmer capacity building activities using the SRP instruments.
- You will know the benefits of Sustainable Rice Farming
- You will get a full technical knowledge about the SRP Standard on Sustainable Rice Cultivation and Performance Indicators, how to apply them to meet the objectives of SRP projects
- You will have a full overview of SRP: vision, members, instruments and supporting resources
- You will understand how the SRP instruments can be used in complement to drive sustainable rice cultivation
- You will know how to communicate and train implementers on the SRP Standard and Performance Indicators
- You will know how to develop key messages on SRP to communicate to stakeholders
- This is an online face-to-face workshop with a trainer including many interactive activities and
group work with other course participants. The workshop fee includes a certificate of attendance. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform some days before the start of the sessions. 25% of training fees are returned to the SRP Secretariat to strengthen the SRP training system and related services to SRP members. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform some days before the training starts
- The maximum number of participants is 20. Acceptance is based on first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment
To register using Paypal, click get this course button on the left. In case you prefer a payment method other than paypal, register using this form.
- Use of the platform Microsoft Teams to connect to the live sessions with the trainer.
- Stable internet connection: test it here. Recommended band width:800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video
- Camera and microphone activated
- Use of headset
- Calm environment
- Any of the following browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. Academy
. By registering for workshop you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditions
for Workshop and Trainings.