Farm Assurers are independent and trained consultants who provide expertise to help producers implement Good Agricultural Practices. To attend this training and pass the exam is one of the requisites to be approved Farm Assurer.Fee:
EUR 350/ $450. Taxes not includedDuration:
In-course modules: 18 hours. Self-paced modules: 1 hourDate:
13-16 July 2021 Starting time:
2.30 pm Nairobi Time (UTC+3) Check your local time hereLanguage:
Mahinda Wahome, Technical Key Account Manager Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda.
Mahinda is the GLOBALG.A.P.'s technical expert and trainer for the Eastern Africa Region. He joined GLOBALG.A.P. in June 2018 to support the region’s Farm Assurers, Certification Bodies, Producers and other stakeholders. He has been in the horticultural sector serving at various capacities for over 20 years. As an expert in Good Agricultural Practices, he assists producers in the certification of agricultural products in Africa ensuring they comply with the market requirements. He holds a Bsc. Agriculture degree from the University of Nairobi. Mahinda is qualified in Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor certification, Crop Protection, Integrated Crop Management, and Environmental Management.
Who should participate?:
- Anyone who is interested in how the GLOBALG.A.P. Certification system operates. General Regulations, Control Points and Compliance Criteria
- Persons interested on becoming a GLOBALG.A.P. approved Farm Assurer
- Professionals on the Food Security industry and producers
++Please note, that this is not a GLOBALG.A.P. Certification Body Training. For Certification Body trainings please register here
- You will know how the GLOBALG.A.P. System functions
- You will get a full technical knowledge about the GLOBALG.A.P. Standard, learning all the General Regulations
- You will know all the Control Points: All Farm Base, Crops Base and Fruit & Vegetables. These Control Points are the actual audit checklists used Certification Bodies during a GLOBALG.A.P. Audit
- You will be equipped to provide consultancy services on the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA standard.
- You will have fulfilled part of the GLOBALG.A.P. training requirements for your Farm Assurer application.
- This is an online face-to-face workshop with a trainer including many interactive activities and
group work with other course participants. The workshop fee includes a certificate of attendance and examinatio. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform some days before the training starts
- The maximum number of participants is 15. Acceptance is based on first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment
If you wish to receive your invoice in US $, please contact us. To register using Paypal, click get this course button on the left. In case you prefer a payment method other than paypal, register using this form.
- Use of the platform Zoom or Microsoft Teams to connect to the live sessions with the trainer.
- Stable internet connection: test it here Recommended band width:800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video
- Camera and microphone activated
- Use of headset
- Calm environment
- Any of the following browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. Academy
By registering for workshop you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditions
for Workshop and Trainings.